Vision and Values
We believe in the power of learning to transform all our children’s life chances. What we teach them now will affect eternity and that is why their education is so important.
Everything we do is underpinned by our Christian values and we have very close links to All Saints Blaby CE Church. The value of kindness is particularly evident in all of our work and we strive to ensure that all members of our school community treat each other with respect, patience and understanding. Our biblical verse that underpins all that we do is from Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Our mission statement 'Kind and Proud and Together as a team"’ reflects the nurturing ethos of our school. We nurture the unique talents of every child whether they be in sport, music, art or any other area of the curriculum. Our school rules of Ready, Respectful and Safe enable us to work together in harmony.
We aim for all of our children and our staff to be:
successful, engaged learners who grow in knowledge and skills;
confident individuals who lead safe, happy and healthy lives, living life in all its fullness;
caring towards our wider community; working together to serve the common good, and
welcoming and cherishing towards everyone
Our values are the beating heart of everything that we do and guide us in our everyday lives.
At Blaby Stokes we always try to create a positive learning environment where everyone is valued, supported and encouraged to be successful in all areas of their lives. Our chosen biblical verse, from Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you…to give you hope and a future” underpins all that we do at our school. Our key Christian values of Hope, forgiveness, Kindness, Courage and Trust are taught to the children across the school alongside work on developing pupils’ personal development into responsible, articulate and confident young people ready for the next stage of their education.
The children have summarised what our values mean to them:
- Believing that you will succeed,
- believing and persevering to reach your goal,
- when you want the best to happen,
- to believe in something or someone,
- a good attitude,
- trying your hardest,
- hoping to learn something new everyday,
- when you think there is a possibility
- Listening when people say sorry
- Saying sorry when you’ve done something wrong and doing something to put it right
- Accepting someone’s apology
- Not holding a grudge
- Giving someone a second chance
- Letting someone say sorry and then moving on
- Making sure everyone is ok
- Sharing, caring
- Including people
- Having good manners and being polite
- Saying nice things to one another
- Holding doors open for people as they come by
- Respecting others’ opinions and views
- Treating people as you would want to be treated
- Saying something nice just because it makes someone feel good
- Like faith
- Knowing when to walk away from a tricky situation
- Being brave to stand up to someone or something
- Asking for help
- Owning up to your mistakes
- Sticking up for others ad doing the right thing
- Taking risks, especially with new learning
- Believing you can achieve
- Being determined to do the things you need to do and never giving up
- Encouraging others to be brave
- Believing someone will be good
- Knowing someone won’t let you down
- Being truthful and sensible
- Having faith in God, yourself and others
- Doing the right thing
- Believing someone will help you
- Being able to rely on someone
- Giving someone your respect
In our school, with God's help, we will:
- Respect ourselves, value others and our environment and show compassion in all we do.
- Build strong relationships based on good manners, trust, kindness and forgiveness.
- Follow instructions and always try our best even when we find things difficult.
- Think carefully about the choices we make and try to be thoughtful and courageous.
- Count our blessings and be grateful for the good things in our world and trust that as each day closes, we have given of our best and can be proud of who we are.