Skip to content ↓
Blaby Stokes CE Primary School

Blaby Stokes Primary School

Health and Reporting an illness

If your child is ill, please report it to school by calling the Office on 0116 277 2082, alternatively you can send an email via 

Does your child have a bug? Are you worried about a chicken pox outbreak? Or not sure about the guidelines for conjunctivitis? Our children regularly come into contact with germs and illnesses, and unfortunately they are often quick to spread. The Public Health Agency have put together the below document which provides useful guidance for parents on what to do if your child is suffering from one these common childhood illnesses. (For a larger format, please see the attachment below)

If you have any other concerns about your child's health or development, we have access to a school nurse. For further details please see our 'School Nurse' page or click here 

Free Eye Tests for Children

National Child Measurement Programme

  • The NCMP has created a film aimed at parents in which a local GP, a public health nurse (school nurse) and dietician explain more about the programme and the support available for families. The film is available within the parents’ section of the Health for Kids website ( alongside frequently asked questions relating to the NCMP and advice about encouraging physical activity. You can also access the film by following this link: National Child Measurement Programme 
  • Parents can call the 0300 3000 007 advice line to talk to a public health nurse or can text 07520 615382. The service is available between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays).