At Blaby Stokes, our aim is to develop curious and creative mathematicians who thrive on investigating and exploring mathematical concepts and ideas, whilst developing a deep understanding and love of the subject.
We follow a Teaching for Mastery approach, believing that mastering a mathematical concept is achievable for all children, focusing on deep and sustained learning, making connections and developing reasoning alongside procedural and conceptual fluency.
We foster a growth mindset culture and our maths teaching and learning is underpinned by the following key messages:
- Everyone can learn maths to the highest level.
- Mistakes help us to learn; never be afraid to make mistakes.
- Asking great questions deepens our understanding.
- Maths is about being creative and making connections.
- Maths is about being fluent and flexible.
- Understanding maths is much more important than how fast you are.
- The steps that you take when finding the answer are just as important as the answer itself.
For further information on the White Rose Maths Hub scheme and how parents can support their children please visit the White Rose Maths Hub website here - WHITE ROSE MATHS HUB WEBSITE.